Food & Fibre Careers Day – University of Melbourne Dookie Campus
Check this out!
Brand new video for the Food & Fibre Careers Day at University Of Melbourne (Dookie Campus) on 18 & 19 May 2017
If you like what you see and you are in Year 9, 10, 11 or 12 then click on the link below and write your name and school and we will get in touch with your school Careers Teacher.
Ag is Big Business
Agriculture involves everything from the food you eat to the clothes you wear. There are over 130,000 farm businesses in Australia, supporting not only us, but a $45 billion export industry.
Did you know?
- 99% of farm businesses are family owned and operated
- Each Australian farmer produces enough food to feed 600 people!
- Ag makes up 12% of Gross Domestic Product or $155 billion dollars worth of product
- We export approx 60% of what is produced
- Horticulture is the 3rd largest agricultural industry in Australia and involves growing plants including fruit, vegetables and nuts plus flowers, turf and nursery products. It’s labour intensive and mostly seasonal.
- The Industry is worth $8.7 billion
- Employs over 60,000 people
- Crops cover over 280,000 hectares
- Produce $464 million worth of apples, $626 million of onions and $1,041 million of grapes
- Export to Japan, USA, China, South Korea and Taiwan
Help feed the world
The world’s population is anticipated to reach a massive 9.6 billion by 2050 but 1 in 7 people are undernourished. Feeding the world is a major issue of our time. Make a real impact and help feed our growing population and solve real world issues.Download Flyer
GMLLEN is proud to work with many of our stakeholders on the organising committees for these fabulous events.
2017 MURRAY RIVER CULINARY CHALLENGE – An invitation to support VET Hospitality students
Hands on Trades Career Expo – 9th May 2017
Get your hands dirty!
The Hands On Trades Expo is your opportunity to try out a range of different trades, from plumbing to mechanics and everything in between.
What does a career in trades mean? Is an Apprenticeship something you would like to explore? Discover the in’s and out’s of what’s involved plus find out about the careers available in this region.
Careers Day Out is one of the largest education, training and employment expos in Northern Victoria, with almost 1,200 students attending in 2016.
Our aim is to provide regional students currently undertaking Year 10, with the opportunity to discover the diverse range of careers, education, pathways and employment available across the region.
Now in its 19th consecutive year, Careers Day Out provides students with the opportunity to explore and interact with exhibitors, participate in career orientated activities and hear first hand from those in the industry through industry focused presentations.
Careers Day Out also incorporates the Nyuwandan Gatjabak Indigenous Careers Day to provide more opportunities for Indigenous and Torres Strait Islander students to engage and connect with local training providers, employers and industry groups.
Local support networking breakfast
Thursday March 9th
Come along to our free networking breakfast to discover more about the support services offered to young people, their family and carers in the region.
This is an opportunity to network, build relationships and share information.