School – Industry Engagement (DET Contract)
GMLLEN’s contract has a focus on the commitment to ensure students have clear connections to the world of work and support a strong model of school – industry engagement.
GMLLEN works with employers to source a range of options of school-employer engagement activities and opportunities in local government areas.
Opportunities may include:
- structured workplace learning, work experience and school community work
- school based apprenticeships and traineeships
- guest speakers and presenters from industry
- workplace visits and industry tours and
- mock interviews and work-readiness preparation for students
The opportunities listed above, align strongly with the strengths of LLENs as brokering key partnerships between schools, employers and other stakeholders to support students’ learning and local industry needs. Enabling local level planning and delivery that responds to local needs and utilises existing local partnerships and networks.