Structured Workplace Learning Portal
The Structured Workplace Learning Program is a Department of Education and Training initiative designed to increase the opportunities for young people aged 15–19 years of age to improve their skills and workplace knowledge through ‘on the job’ experience via Structured Workplace Learning (SWL) and School Based Apprenticeships/Traineeships (SBATs). GMLLEN will be delivering the Structured Workplace Learning Program across the local government areas of Greater Shepparton, Moira and Strathbogie Shires.
The objectives of the Structured Workplace Learning SWL Program are to:
- Increase the numbers of young people undertaking SWL and SBAT work placement in relevant places of employment, with emphasis on industries that provide strong vocational outcomes
- Increase the alignment between vocational education and training (VET) provision and local industry needs.
The Program will contribute to:
- Improving opportunities for all young people to undertake workplace learning placements
- Improving the quality of VCAL and VETiS programs through increased opportunities for young people to undertake SWL and be assessed in work-based contexts
- Developing a ‘bank’ of ongoing workplace learning placements
- Improving the match between VET provision and effective student learning pathways
- Promoting workplace learning to industry by improving industry understanding of the benefits to them
Interested in hosting a student?
Fill in the form below to register your interest. Someone will be in touch with you as soon as possible.